2015 Autumn in Korea Tour - Day 3 Part 2 - Myeong-dong (명동), Todai Buffet (토다이)

by - Saturday, June 04, 2016







Here we were at Myeondong (명동),
the most famous shopping place in South Korea!
We had free time for hours before our farewell dinner.




First destination we went was Myeongdong Cathedral Church (서울 명동성당).
Actually last time I came, I went inside
so this time I just sat in front of it and wait for my friends went to pray inside.




I came across to this shop.
It's famous Korokke named Myeongdong Korokke (명동 고로케)
It's located opposite from Myeong-dong Cathedral.





I had to wait a few minutes to take a photo without long queue.
Sadly, I was gonna have a dinner in just an hour so I could not have it.




2PM, Korean boy band also had been filming here for Lotte Duty Free promotion.












In front of Myeongdong Korokke, I saw many bikes lining up systematically 
so I went to check what it is for. 
It seems to be  Seoul Bike “Ddareungi”Bike rental service
by Seoul Metropolitan Government
From what I have got, you can rent the bike for two hours with 2,000 won.
The insurance coverage for bike accidents will be extended.with all medical fee.






Then I went to Interpark Bookstore located at
the underground of building near Myeong-dong Cathedral to buy OKCAT stuffs.





It's a bookstore but there are also stationary and some cute stuffs.
You should check it.



Here are what I bought. 




For all above places I'd mentioned, if you want to visit,
I suggest you to use Euljiro 1-ga Station (을지로입구역) Exit 6.
It's nearer to walk from there. 





I went around this area to buy cosmetics and stuff.
Thank to Public WiFi Seoul, I could surf the Internet
and LINE to ask my mum what she wanted me to buy.
You can read more information about Public WiFi Seoul here 




Rose ice-cream was currently trend in Korea after tall ice-cream twist cone last few years.






One thing I like Myeongding apart from shopping 'till I drop is
You can see many promotion & advertisement tactics around here.



You might run into cat or dog mascots.
They are there for promoting cat/dog cafes.



I absolutely love them because they were lovely and cheerful.
When they saw you took photos, they would greet or wave to you.



Another tactic for K-pop promoting !
Many people got distracted by this
and ran along to take photos & videos including me. :)


Lee Hong Ki Solo Promotion





Tony Moly, cosmetic shop with 2PM endorsement.
Well, Korean brands seems to love using
KPOP idols and top famous actors/actress as their endorsements.





Suzy for Roem


Indeed, you can see Bae Suzy missA every where in Korea.
She is endorse for hundred bands. :P


Kim Soohyun for ZIOZIA (로고)





Shops I always go when I come here are Olive Young and Art Box.




For Olive Young, it's kind of drug store like Watson or Boots.
They sell various items from health supplements to drugs, cosmetics and cosmetic accessories.



Art box is a stationary shop with tons of cute stuffs those are gonna make you get broke.





You can also find KPOP stuffs in Myeondong.
Just walk around. There are many strollers selling them.








Finally, it's time for dinner!!
Today we were gonna have it at Todai Buffet (토다이)!
It's at the 7th Floor, Noon square department store.










 I love Pizza! ^^



There are various types of food you can choose;
Western, Asian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean style !








and Seafood!





Sashimi !!!!
They were all so fresh.



There is also Self - Bingsu (shave ice 빙수) where you have to to it by yourself.



Macaroon 


Various cakes 



The pink drink was strawberry shake which ran out so fast!
And you needed to wait for a few minutes for a new one.



Todai (토다이)
7th Floor, Noon square department store, Myeongdong

Weekdays Lunch Buffet (11:30-16:00): 27,000 won
Weekdays Dinner Buffet (17:30-22:00): 38,000 won
Weekends / Holidays Buffet (11:50-22:00): 39,000 won

Address: 14, Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
Website: http://www.todaikorea.com/



We had dinner with Japanese, Taiwanese teams and all staff.
It was a farewell party. We grew to know each other for the past few days.
I could say they took really great care and treated me so well.
I very satisfied and truly enjoyed this trip.



Anyway, I could not call it a day since we, English team were gonna go to
Seoul Lantern Festival for our last night in Seoul.
Please stay tune for this festival I will write about in the next post.








You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love to read your comments. Please share your experience with me. Be sure to check back again for the answer because I do make every effort to reply your comment. Every comment will be reviewed before they are published so it will take time to show up. You do not need to send the comment again. Thank you.

สามารถแสดงความคิดเห็นและแบ่งปันประสบการณ์ได้เลยนะคะ กรุณากลับมาเช็คคำตอบด้วยนะคะ เพราะตั้งใจตอบทุกคำถามจริงๆ คอมเมนต์ทุกอันจะผ่านการรีวิวก่อน ดังนั้นคอมเมนต์ของคุณจะไม่โชว์ในทันที ไม่ต้องส่งซ้ำนะคะ ขอบคุณค่ะ

Random Post

Useful Links

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2013 - 2024 IamNaZza. All rights reserved.